The Society for the Development of Austrian
Economics is pleased to announce that nominations
are now open for the 2009 Foundation for Economic
Education Prizes for the best book and the best
article recently published in Austrian economics.
The following conditions apply:
1. Authors nominated must be members in good
standing with the SDAE (check the Society's
for information on how to join).
2. The books and articles nominated must have
been published between January 1, 2007 and August 31, 2009.
3. Nominated articles should be emailed as an
attachment or its URL sent to Christopher Coyne –
4. Nominations for the book prize should include
the title and all other relevant information
(publisher, date of publication, ISBN #) and be
sent to the above email address. Those nominating
books need not send copies. Edited volumes and
short monographs are not eligible for the award.
5. All nominations must be received no later than October 19, 2009.
6. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Each prize comes with a cash award of $500 thanks
to the generous support of the Foundation for
Economic Education. Winners will be announced at
the annual banquet of the SDAE, this year in San
Antonio, TX in conjunction with the Southern
Economic Association meetings from November 21 – 23, 2009.
Questions may be directed to Chris Coyne or by replying back to me.